The webinar, which will be from 10-11 a.m. is free, but advance registration is needed at https://tx.ag/OneOpResilience. Once registered, participants will receive an email with instructions and a meeting link.
“Throughout the past few years, service professionals have been faced with many challenges, but through resiliency and change, have continued to provide services to military families,” said Rachel Brauner, AgriLife Extension military program specialist, Bryan-College Station.
The webinar will offer free continuing education credits for social workers, licensed professional counselors, licensed marriage and family therapists, board-certified patient advocates and case managers.
OneOp, formerly the Military Families Learning Network, is a virtual professional development platform for providers who serve military families.
Brauner said attendees will learn to:
- Assess how resilient they were before the pandemic.
- Identify what kept them resilient.
- Recognize what can be done to help providers and their clients remain resilient as the next year unfolds, despite pandemic-related challenges.
Speaker and topics
The event speaker is Lakshmi Mahadevan, Ph.D., AgriLife Extension specialist-special populations, Bryan-College Station.
Mahadevan earned a doctorate in educational psychology with an emphasis on career development education from Texas A&M University. Her areas of expertise include universal design for learning and developing accessible curriculum.
“Dr. Mahadevan has over 16 years of experience in conducting face-to-face and online professional development with educators in Texas addressing various special populations-related issues,” Brauner said.
Brauner said webinar topics will include:
- Mental health challenges when delivering services.
- Strategies we reused to remain resilient.
- New strategies we implemented to boost our resilience.
- Specific changes we made to our approach as a service provider.
- Lessons learned that can become “best practices” for life.
Email firstname.lastname@example.org for addition information or for technical support.